Are you familiar with the advantages of laser dentistry? PerioImplant Associates in New Albany, IN, and Louisville, KY, explain how you can benefit from this innovative treatment option.
What is laser dentistry?
Lasers have long been used to clear clogged arteries and remove wrinkles, but they also play an important role in dentistry. The devices use light energy to cut through skin or tooth structures. The advantages of laser dentistry include less bleeding and swelling, speedier healing, and reduced pain. When pain is reduced, you'll probably need less anesthesia during treatments.
What types of laser dentistry treatments are offered?
Lasers are very effective in treating many types of dental issues, including:
- Cavities: Lasers can be used to remove tooth decay and kill bacteria in your tooth. If you have a cavity between your teeth, a drill will be needed to get rid of the decay. Some lasers can even detect cavities.
- Canker and Cold Sores: When a painful canker or cold sore just won't go away on its own, laser light can help it heal and ease your pain.
- Gum Disease: Lasers make gum surgery much less painful and reduce healing time.
- Gummy Smiles: Getting rid of a gummy smile is simple with laser dentistry. The laser removes excess gum tissue and reshapes your gums to reveal a more attractive smile.
- Tissue Folds: If your dentures don't fit well, you may develop painful soft tissue folds. Laser treatment offers a painless way to remove the folds.
- Tooth Sensitivity: Sensitivity can occur if the tubules in the dentin layer of your tooth are exposed. Laser treatment seals the tubules, ending sensitivity.
- Teeth Whitening: When used in conjunction with whitening agents, lasers can reduce the amount of time it takes to whiten your teeth.
Could you benefit from laser dentistry? Call PerioImplant Associates in New Albany, IN, and Louisville, KY, to find out if laser treatment is a good option for your dental problem. For our New Albany, IN, office, call 812-948-0408. For our Louisville, KY, office, call 502-897-9417.