One of the most common options for replacing missing teeth is with dental implants in Louisville, KY. Dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth and not only does this dental treatment help to restore your smile and your self-esteem, but it also prevents deterioration of your dental health and is beneficial for your overall general health. Here are just a few of the advantages of visiting Dr. Ramsey Burton, Dr. Courtney Shearer, and Dr. Jodie Lusby of PerioImplant Associates for dental implants and how they can improve your oral health.
An Insight into Dental Implants
Dental implants consist of the implant which is titanium, the abutment, and the crown. The implants are first installed and then the crown is permanently placed on top to resemble your natural teeth. The length of time for the process depends on how many missing teeth you are replacing and your current oral health. Some of the benefits of dental implants in Louisville, KY, include:
- Improvement in speech-Missing teeth can affect the pronunciation of words. Replacing missing teeth will help you to overcome speech issues that may happen with missing teeth.
- Proper chewing-Your digestion system relies on you being able to chew food properly, so when you have missing teeth it prevents the proper chewing of food, which may ultimately lead to digestion problems. Dental implants improve your chewing ability by “naturally” putting the strength back in your jaw and teeth.
- Improves facial structure-Missing teeth affect the shape of your teeth, leading to sunken jaws. Dental implants help restore and preserve the shape of your face.
- Prevents shifting-Replacing missing teeth with dental implants will help to prevent natural intact teeth from shifting into the open spaces, which can cause misalignment of the bite.
- Reduce the risk of oral diseases-Replacing missing teeth may help prevent the formation of bacteria in the empty spaces, which ultimately helps to reduce your risk of oral diseases.
It’s important to take the necessary steps to protect your oral health and risk the risk of tooth loss. Proper oral hygiene that includes regular brushing and flossing along with regularly scheduled appointments with your dentist is the best way to protect your oral health. Keep in mind that the sooner you seek treatment for dental issues, the greater the chances are of prolonging good oral health.
To learn more information about dental implants in Louisville, KY, or to schedule a consultation, contact Dr. Burton, Dr. Shearer, and Dr. Lusby of PerioImplant Associates at (502) 897-9417.